Thursday, March 18, 2010

My Lucky Dance!!




My campus SWCU often holds many appealing events when it wanted to celebrate any anniversary or have seminar. I like all the occasions especially in my own department, it often holds LOVED, Talent Night, or English Teaching seminar. Furthermore, for many times I participate in that event, like dancing in Talent Night with my friends. Before all of those things, I ever participated in one of the special moment for most of the people, valentine celebration in campus. It was six years ago, my friends and me had given an opportunity by SWCU committee to perform modern dance on valentine celebration. The committee gave us information about those two weeks before the day. That was my second performance in campus after the first time I did the same thing when I enter this university. Yet, my second dance performance with my friends in BU was muddled and funny.

The preparation and training before the performance frustrate my team. My friends and I did a meeting to talk about our preparation and exercise before performance. Actually, the members of my modern dance team consisted of seven people and I was the captain of the team. The squad members were three people from economic faculty, two from CEB, one from FTJE and me from English Department. On the meeting, we faced problem. It could not deny that we had different basic dance ability and we got difficulties in performing the movement together. We tried to create a good choreography, but the result was disappointing. We could not do that. Because the result was nothing to deal with the performance, the only one way to do that was to look for a dance trainer or a choreographer to “save” our team.

“What about inviting a dance trainer?” I said
“OK, I surrender, let’s do!” my friend Sherly said
“Yeah, I agree with you” my other friends added.
“We invite Randy” I said

So, we got it a day before due day. In fact that our time was limited, we were practiced over until we were exhausted. As a result, we had enough preparation.
The performance in due day was exciting. Our performance would be in the fourth shift after a band. Before that, we made up our selves beautifully and so did the boys, they were looked funky. At that time, we were enthusiast and excited to perform our modern dance. The MC announced that this was our time, one of my friend screamed loudly and it was rather shocked me. Finally, we went up to the stage and arrange our squad.
The spot lights shone brightly and made us thrilling, outrageously when I looked over the auditorium, I could see that the audiences were very crowded. There were about 700 to 1000 audiences. The music began; I and my teams began to dance. We dance gracefully and so powerful. The audiences shouted solemnly and gave applause to us. Yet, it made me nervous as a captain. In that moment, suddenly I did not concentrate with the movement and the rhythm. As a result, I used the movement that should be used in the closing of dance. My teams unfortunately did not warn me, they followed my wrong movement also. So, before the end of the music our movement had ended, I was shock what I had to do.

“Hey friends, we should dance freely!!” I said
“Move with your own style until the music over!!” I added
“Okay!!” They were agree

The audience kept giving applause and shouting; they did not know that the dance was actually wrong. My friends moved attractively, jumping, rolling, standing with hands and head, splitting, and so on. Finally, the music was over. All of the audience said that it was awesome. I and my friends just kept it in mind and smiling. When we enter the back-stage, we screamed happily. It was messy but creative dance.

“Great Sita, your choreography was awesome!” my friends said to me
“Thank you” I said.

I and my friends looked each other and then smiled. The audience commented our performance was wonderful. No one knew that the performance was messy and beyond the choreography that we had done. v^^


NS

No comments:

Post a Comment